More than 40 responses so far to bushfire review

0

Queenslanders affected by the 2018 bushfires that swept through the state have one week to go to provide submissions to the Inspector-General Emergency Management 2018 Queensland Bushfire Review.

Fire and Emergency Services Minister Craig Crawford said it was important that as many people as possible who were affected by, and involved with, the fires had a say in the review.

So far, more than 40 public, State and private responses have been received by the Office of the Inspector-General Emergency Management (IGEM).

Mr Crawford said public and private submissions will close on Thursday 28 February 2019.

“I encourage as many people as possible to make submissions and lodge them by the February 28 deadline,” he said.

“Public safety is at the heart of this review so IGEM needs as many views, opinions and perspectives from the fire events as possible.”

Meanwhile, public, private and agency submissions to the 2019 Monsoon Trough Rainfall and Flood Review will close on March 31, 2019.

Submissions for both reviews can be lodged at [email protected]

More information and guidance on the reviews and submissions can be found on the IGEM website at www.igem.qld.gov.au.