More than 100 development applications were processed by Bundaberg Regional Council in April and May with a riverside project positioned to provide a catalyst for further growth.
Figures show a total of 118 new lots approved, which is nearly double the amount approved for the same time last year.
An impressive 287 building approvals were granted with a total value of $28,186,837.
Planning portfolio spokesperson Cr Ross Sommerfeld said he was excited to see momentum continuing throughout the region with a number of key projects approved.
“A civil works permit has been granted to Quay on Quay Pty Ltd for their three-storey unit development on the Burnett River,” Cr Sommerfeld said.
“It’s great to see something happening in this area.
“It will be a catalyst for development to grow the riverside precinct and increase short-term accommodation for tourists in what is a vastly under-utilised natural asset.”
He said the riverside development, which was approved by Council with 63 conditions in 2018, would comprise three storeys adjacent to the RSL and have easy access to the riverside and the CBD, providing an enjoyable lifestyle for any future residents.
Cr Sommerfeld said civil works were already under way on what was expected to be highly sought-after lots in stage one of Headlands Estate.
“This significant development is a master-planned estate which offers residential lots with a small commercial area central to the development,” he said.
“And bulk earthworks have commenced on the RV Lifestyle Village Oceanside, Burnett Heads.
“It’s great to see this level of significant development activity along our coast, taking up the opportunities provided by Council’s investment in expanding the sewerage network.”
Approvals granted April-May 2019 include:
- 4370 Goodwood Road, Alloway – extension to existing farm worker accommodation facility – extra 48 beds
- 118A Woongarra Street, Bundaberg West – 6 residential units
- Marule Road, Booyal – Stage 2 of the Isis Mill cane railway extension – Booyal to Wallaville
- Childers Road, Kensington – Renewable Energy Facility (solar farm)
- 102 Zielke Avenue, Rubyanna – Telecommunications facility (Optus)
- 19 Branyan St, Budnaberg West – Health Care Service
- 459 Garryowen Road, Farnsfield – Animal keeping and Caretakers residence – Red Collar Rescue
- 8 Killer Street, Norville – Community Uses – Salvation Army (Qld)
- Elliott Heads Road, Innes Park – Renewable Energy Facility (solar farm)
- 10 Hazzard St, Norville – Telecommunication Facility (Telstra)
- 26 Holland St, Bargara – 4 units
- Logan Road, Innes Park – civil works for Stage 1 of the Headlands estate
- Schleger Street, Burnett Heads – bulk earthworks for Oceanside RV Village
- 70 Watsons Road, Bargara – civil works for stage 5 of Bargara Rise estate
- 1B Targo Street, Bundaberg Central – civil works for high rise multiple unit development