Bundaberg police have conducted a two-day traffic operation targeting a number of offences and booked 14 drug drivers.
Operation Romeo Losaka involved officers from Bundaberg, Bargara, Childers, Wide Bay Burnett Tactical Crime Unit, Roadside Drug Testing Unit and Bundaberg Road Policing Unit.
More than 2700 random breath tests were undertaken and more than 60 roadside drug tests.
One person was charged following a positive blood alcohol test with 14 people testing positive to drugs.
During the operation
- 20 traffic infringement notices were issued for driving unlicensed, driving unregistered, defective vehicles, learner driver driving without supervision and defective vehicles;
- 14 people tested positive for driving under the influence of drugs, 52 returning a negative reading;
- One person was charged for drink driving;
- 20 street checks were conducted.
- In April: Police traffic blitz focused on road safety