It’s Awards season not only in Hollywood, but also in Bundaberg, with Bundaberg Players holding its own awards ceremony last night at The Playhouse.
The annual Award ceremony for Bundaberg Players Inc followed the Annual General Meeting, attended by around 50 members.
Artistic Director Rebecca Hutchins said it was always a special night to acknowledge the amazing work of members.
“Every year our adjudicators attend our performances throughout the year and then come together at the end of the year to award prizes,” Rebecca said.
“2019 was a huge year for Bundaberg Players Inc, with so many great performances, as well as so much hard work by members behind the scenes.
“It’s great to be able to acknowledge them at our annual Awards Ceremony.”
Bundaberg Players Inc Award winners
- YOUNG ACTORS AWARDS: Arjun Singh, Evie Kay, Lily Marschke, Lincoln Kay
- MOST ACTIVE YOUTH THEATRE MEMBER: Brayden Rewald
- MOST OUTSTANDING YOUTH THEATRE PERFORMANCE: Jacob Treloar
- MOST IMPROVED MEMBER ON STAGE: Timothy Greig
- MOST IMPROVED MEMBER OFF STAGE: Jenny Haack
- MOST OUTSTANDING ENSEMBLE PERFORMANCE: Liam Pratt
- MOST OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE IN A MUSICAL: Jenn Ritchie
- MOST OUTSTANDING COMEDY PERFORMANCE: Ken Petersen, Linda Davis
- MOST OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE IN ANY PRODUCTION: Michael Dart, Nigel Dick, Shanyn Limpus, Claire Finter
- HALPIN AWARD: Eva McGrail
- PRESIDENT’S AWARD: Cheryl Ratcliffe
Runner-up Awards were presented to Corrina Evans, Lyndall Pratt, Jacob Treloar, Ally Wilson, Bonnie Treloar, Bridgette McMahon, Natalie Sweetapple and Brayden Rewald.
President of Bundaberg Players Inc., Nigel Dick, said the Annual General Meeting, chaired by Patron Cr Judy Peters, was a great success.
“The Annual General Meeting was an opportunity to reflect on the productions staged in 2019 and acknowledge the huge volume of work performed by our 160 members – all of whom are volunteers,” Nigel said.
“The Playhouse committee works hard at ensuring any profits made from our productions are utilised to improve and maintain the Playhouse Theatre facilities for the enjoyment of its members and also the public who support us.”
- More local theatre news