Stay up to date with official information and advice about the Coronavirus situation through a new app launched by the Australian Government.
The app allows users to check symptoms and get notified when urgent information and updates are published.
Use the Australian Government Coronavirus app to:
- stay up to date with the official information and advice
- read important health advice to help stop the spread and stay healthy
- get a quick snapshot of the current official status within Australia
- check your symptoms if you are concerned about yourself or someone else
- find relevant contact information
- access updated information from the Australian Government
- receive push notifications of urgent information and updates
Download the app in the Apple App Store or Google Play, or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.
Bundaberg Regional Council has announced a number closures to services, venues and programs to protect against COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Council is acting on public health advice to avoid large gatherings and maintain social distancing.
The below Council venues and facilities are closed to the public until further notice:
- Waste facilities will remain open (EFTPOS and pre-approved account payments only from Friday 3 April)
- Recycled Goods Shops will cease to operate
- All libraries (some resources are available online)
- BRAG and Charts
- Alexandra Park Zoo
- Hinkler Hall of Aviation and Fairymead House
- All Council pools
- All Council playgrounds, skate parks, picnic table areas and barbecues
- The Bundaberg Administration Centre on Bourbong Street will remain open between 8.15am and 4.45pm weekdays. Other Council customer service areas are closed to the public (including Neighbourhood Centres, Planning Counter, Civic Arcade Counter, Cemetery). Customer services will also be available via phone 1300 883 699, online here and via the Snap, Send Solve app. Critical face to face meetings will be by appointment.
- All routine inspections have ceased (Food, Health, Local Laws and Building)
- Routine plumbing inspections have ceased (ie. infringement inspections) however plumbing regulatory inspections are continuing, but will be monitored. Please phone 1300 883 699 to schedule inspections and confirm any current bookings.
- Parking enforcement has been suspended
- All bookings for outdoor events have been cancelled
- Council holiday parks will not be accepting any new visitors
For updates or health advice about Coronavirus visit the Department of Health website.
- Related stories: Coronavirus update: bulk water tag recharges on hold