Bundaberg Regional Councillors today voted to adopt portfolio responsibilities across 11 major service areas.
A report to Council said “the portfolio system has proved beneficial, allowing each Councillor to be responsible for a specific area … Councillors have had informal discussions on the options for management of Council’s business for this term of office.”
- Economic development, Mayor JM Dempsey
- Organisational services, Cr SA Cooper
- Water and wastewater, Cr JP Bartels
- Roads and drainage, Cr WR Trevor
- Parks and gardens, Cr WA Honor
- Waste and recycling, Cr TM McLoughlin
- Sport and recreation, Cr VJ Habermann
- Community services, Cr TM McPhee
- Airport, COVID-19 recovery and disaster management, Cr GR Barnes
- Health, compliance and enforcement, Cr MBE Mitchell
- Arts, culture and events, Cr JD Learmonth
There was some discussion about whether a planning portfolio should be included. A notice of motion to establish a planning committee comprising three elected members was foreshadowed for a decision at the next meeting.