Notice is hereby given that on Tuesday 25 August 2020 Bundaberg Regional Council resolved to make a Planning Scheme Policy for Agricultural Buffers.
The purpose of the proposed policy is to:-
- provide guidance for the design, construction and ongoing maintenance of agricultural buffers to minimise conflicts between agricultural operations and sensitive land uses (e.g. residential uses and urban development).
- inform the design of new residential development proposed adjacent to agricultural land uses in order to limit impact on lawful agricultural operations.
- provide appropriate design considerations and maintenance advice to ensure buffers are effective in mitigating off-farm impacts adjacent to sensitive land uses.
- support applicants in satisfying the requirements of the planning scheme, and to assist development assessment officers in their assessment of new development applications that require agricultural buffers.
A copy of the proposed policy and supporting material are available for inspection and purchase at Council’s Development counter at the Auswide Building, Level 6, 16 Barolin Street, Bundaberg Central. The proposed policy can also be viewed online and downloaded at www.bundaberg.qld.gov.au.
Any person may make a written submission about any aspect of the proposed planning scheme policy. In order for a written submission to be properly made, it must:
- be made in writing.
- include the name and address of each person making the submission.
- be signed by each person making the submission, unless the submission is made electronically
- state the grounds of the submission and the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds.
- be received by Bundaberg Regional Council by 4.45pm on Tuesday, 13 October 2020.
Submissions can be made by post, fax, delivered in person, or made via email to [email protected].
For further information, please either visit Council’s website at www.bundaberg.qld.gov.au, phone 1300 883 699, email [email protected] or enquire at Council’s Development counter (Level 6, Auswide Building).
Chief Executive Officer