Take advantage of sweet potatoes grown locally in the Bundaberg Region with this tasty recipe for roasted sweet potato soup.
Sweet Potatoes Australia’s seven-ingredient recipe is easy to make and can be ready from pot to bowl within just an hour.
Roasted sweet potato soup
- 500g of peeled, diced sweet potato
- 300g of peeled, diced carrots
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 peeled and diced onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Sour cream and cracked pepper to serve
- Roast sweet potato and carrot together for 25-30 minutes at 180°C with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat some olive oil in a large pot and fry onions until soft.
- Add crushed garlic to the pot, and cook until aromatic.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add roasted vegetables to the pot and blend with stick mixer until smooth.
- Serve into bowls with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cracked black pepper.
- More delicious Bundaberg inspired recipes: Apple cider pancakes