Apple Tree Creek Honey‘s Gillian Enslin is taking advantage of owning 45 beehives as she whips up meals using her pure honey, including this succulent honey and lemon chicken recipe.
Darren and Gillian live in a delightful nook of Apple Tree Creek with the couple widely known for their previous involvement with the Apple Tree Creek Service Station.
Gillian said as they had an abundance of honey, she enjoyed finding and sharing recipes, such as the succulent honey and lemon chicken recipe with the community.
Succulent honey and lemon chicken
- 3 juicy lemons
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- leaves from 4 rosemary sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 chicken pieces, such as thighs and drumsticks, with skin
- 750g potatoes, peeled and cut into smallish chunks
- Green salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6/fan180C.
2. Squeeze the juice from 2 lemons into a small pan and heat with the butter, honey, rosemary, garlic and salt and pepper, until the butter melts and it smells fragrant.
3. Lay the chicken in a roasting tin – don’t pile it up or it won’t cook so well.
4. Add the potatoes and drizzle with lemon butter to coat evenly.
5. Cut the third lemon into 8 wedges and tuck them in.
6. Roast for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the chicken is cooked, and the potatoes are crisp and golden.
Gillian said this delicious recipe goes well with a serve of green salad.
- Last week’s recipe: Roasted sweet potato soup recipe