Capsicums grown in the Bundaberg Region are at one of the highest production points of the year and taste great in this silverbeet omelette with capsicum salad recipe.
Silver beet omelette with capsicum salad
- 260 grams chargrilled red capsicum, sliced thickly
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium stalks silverbeet
- 10 free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 2 clove garlic, extra, crushed
- 3 cup (350g) firmly packed snow pea tendrils
- 1/2 cup (40g) shaved pecorino cheese
Combine capsicum, thyme, garlic, vinegar and oil in a large bowl; stand for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut stems from silverbeet; shred leaves. Whisk eggs, milk, shredded silverbeet and extra garlic in a large bowl; season.
Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour one-quarter of the egg mixture into pan; tilt pan to cover base with egg mixture.
Cook over medium heat for three minutes or until omelette is just set.
Carefully slide omelette onto plate; cover to keep warm.
Repeat with remaining egg mixture to make four omelettes in total.
Add snow pea tendrils and pecorino to capsicum mixture; toss to combine.
Serve omelettes topped with capsicum salad.
- Last week's recipe: Time for a mango mule as summer approaches