Areas to be covered by the Program:
The program will involve a systematic inspection of properties five (5) acres in area or less located within the Bundaberg Regional Council local government region.
House to house visitations will be conducted to determine if dogs are being kept, are being properly contained and are registered. The program will focus on properties where a dog was registered in 2019/2020 but not renewed for the 2020/2021 registration period.
Purpose of the Program:
- To monitor compliance with Parts 2 and 4 – Registration and Renewal of Registration of the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008.
- To provide a more accurate record of the number and locations of dogs in the region to provide for increased services such as off leash dog parks.
- To assist as a method of identifying dogs so they can be reunited with their owners.
- To promote responsible pet ownership and ensure owners register their dogs.
- To ensure dangerous and menacing dogs are adequately contained for public safety.
Commencement and Duration of Program:
The program will commence on 1 May 2021 and end on 31 October 2021.
Until the end of the program, members of the public may view the resolution approving the program at Council Service Centres or at bundaberg.qld.gov.au. A copy of the resolution can be purchased from Council Service Centres for $0.70 per page.
For more information call 1300 883 699.