The Mobile Service Centre will soon be driving in to the Childers region to provide information direct to residents about Australian Government services.
The service-on-wheels offers a space for the community to find out about Australian Government payments and services for rural families, older Australians, students, job seekers, people with disability, carers, farmers and self-employed people.
Information about Department of Veterans’ Affairs programs and support services for veterans and their families will also be available.
Staff can provide you with information and support. They can also help you create a myGov account.
The Mobile Service Centre will be in Childers on Monday 6, September from 9.30am to 4pm and again on Tuesday 7 September from 9am to 4pm near the Courthouse on Churchill Street.
The Mobile Service Centre can assist with:
• registering and using the agency’s online services
• new claims for Centrelink payments
• updating and confirming Centrelink and Medicare information
• information on how financial matters may impact on payments
• assistance with payment and service options
• rural payment entitlements for eligible farmers
• non-cash Medicare transactions
• enrolling for and issuing new Medicare cards
• updating and re-issuing Medicare cards
• social work support and referrals.
For more information, go to servicesaustralia.gov.au/mobileoffice