Bundaberg Region businesses have taken to social media to share in the news of their success after Saturday night’s Bundaberg Chamber of Commerce Excellence En Blanc awards.
The annual event showcases the region’s businesses and celebrates successes, new innovations and the people behind them.
230 guests attended last night's event at the Bundaberg Multiplex, representing business from around Bundaberg and Childers in a range of industries from hairdressing to tourism and manufacturing to recycling.
Bundaberg Chamber of Commerce Vice President Melissa Brooke said the night was a huge success and a great opportunity for the business community to come together after a tough year.
“It was a really great event and such a perfect moment to get together with local businesses who have been doing it tough, with Covid restrictions, border closures and everything else,” she said.
“This was an evening of celebrating our businesses, their successes and giving them the recognition that they deserve.”
Winners are grinners at Business Excellence Awards
Taking out major accolades with the Business of the Year Award was RipeGlobal, an online dentistry training facility aimed at bringing affordable and effective training opportunities to everyone around the world, regardless of where you live.
The innovative business is headed by Dr Lincoln Harris, a full-time, local private practice dentist who has presented at international and domestic events for more than two decades.
The Windmill Cafe were also winners on the night and took to their Facebook page to share in their positive news about their Culinary Tourism and Hospitality category award.
“There’s a lot of people to be thankful of but for now a massive thank you to our amazing Windmill Team and to you! Our customers,” the post reads.
“Without your support we wouldn’t be who we are. So thank you.”
The Cutting Crew for Men team were also award recipients, with owner Karley Jacobsen thanking supporters.
“We won! Personal Services Business of the Year 2021…” the Facebook page said.
“Thanks to you all! You make us who we are.”
Bundaberg Furniture Court/Beds R Us received the Retail Business of the Year Crush Magazine Community Spirit Award, with the local family relaying their love for the community on their Facebook page.
“We are so proud and excited, and honoured, to be the recipients of these awards,” they said.
“We say it a lot, but we love what we do, and love where we are from, and where we live.
“We love making people feel at home, in their homes, in our home and in our community, the place we all call home.”
Tanya's impact recognised at Awards
IMPACT Community Services Managing Director Tanya O'Shea received the President's Award for her work with the region's most vulnerable people.
Yale Morgan from the Bundaberg Chamber of Commerce said Tanya is dedicated to improving lives by providing support, training and employment opportunities.
“Under Tanya’s leadership, IMPACT has also developed and grown two social enterprises – established to be mutually beneficial by creating jobs and injecting significant value back into the local economy,” Yale said.
Tanya said she was surprised to receive the award.
“It's very humbling, it's unexpected. It's important when you live in the community that you are contributing… but you don't do it for any type of recognition.
“You just do it because you love doing it, you love giving back,” Tanya said.
The full list of winners:
- New Business of the Year – Bundaberg Today (Sponsor – Catalyst Directions)
- Micro / Home Based Business – Bundaberg IT Support
- Health and Well Being Business of the Year – Holistic Therapies
- Personal Services Business of the Year – Cutting Crew For Men
- Professional Services Business of the Year – Sugarland Animal Hospital (Sponsor – Bundaberg
- President’s Award – Tanya O'Shea – Managing Director of Impact Community Services
- Community Organisation of the Year – The Waves (Sponsor – Bundaberg Broadcasters)
- Trade Business of the Year – TJS Air Solutions (Sponsor – Busy at Work)
- Industrial & Manufacturing Business of the Year – Arcon Metals Recycling
- Retail Business of the Year – Bundaberg Furniture Court (Sponsor – Bank of Queensland)
- Agribusiness of the Year – Northside Produce Agency (Sponsor – Bundaberg Today)
- Education/Training Institute – RipeGlobal
- Crush Community Spirit Award – Bundaberg Furniture Court (Sponsor – Crush Magazine)
- People’s Choice Award – The Place Hairdressing (Sponsor – Bundaberg Regional Council)
- President’s Award – Bundaberg and District Chamber of Commerce
- Business of the Year – RipeGlobal (Large Trophy)
- Tourism Visitor Attractions Business of the Year- Lady Musgrave Experience (Sponsor – Bundaberg
- Tourism Accommodation Business of the Year – Splitters Farm (Sponsor – Bundaberg Tourism)
- Tourism Culinary & Hospitality Business of the Year –The Windmill – (Sponsor – Bundaberg Tourism)
- Childers Business of the Year – A1 Realty (Sponsor Childers Chamber of Commerce)
- Childers New Business of the Year – Clockwork Curiosity (Sponsor Childers Chamber of Commerce)