HomeNewsWeatherBundaberg weather records set in 2021

Bundaberg weather records set in 2021

Hughes Road culvert wet weather
Heavy rain fell in November, testing the new Hughes Road culvert at Bargara.

New weather records were set in 2021 including the wettest November and hottest day at Bundaberg Airport as welcome rain filled dams across the region.

The hottest day of the year was on 22 February when the temperature peaked at 38.6 degrees.

This was the highest maximum ever recorded at the Bureau of Meteorology's Bundaberg Airport weather station, but shy of the 40.2 degrees measured at Bundaberg Post Office in 1901, which ceased reporting weather data in 1990.

The year's lowest minimum was 3.1 on 10 June.

The wettest day was 26 November while the 406.2mm total for that month was also a November record for Bundaberg.

2021's total rainfall of 931mm was close to the long-term mean of 1003, however 43.6 per cent fell in November, filling Paradise Dam and restoring irrigation entitlements.

RainHigh MaxLow Min
January41.832.917.9
February39.238.618.5
March111.63317.7
April37.232.514.1
May7.429.39.6
June39.426.53.1
July6727.15.5
August6.227.85.2
September13.2298.7
October8334.511.7
November406.230.313.9
December78.832.719
202193138.63.1

Meanwhile, the weather bureau is forecasting a wetter start to 2022 than usual for much of eastern Australia.

“There is an increased chance of unusually high rainfall (in the top 20% of historical records) for January to March along coastal areas of NSW and parts of Queensland especially in the north (1.5 to 2.5 times the usual chance),” the bureau says.

“In any given outlook period, the chance of unusually high or low rainfall is around 20%. This means that a 40% chance of unusually warm conditions is twice the normal likelihood, while 60% is three times.”

Tropical Cyclone Seth

The bureau's information bulletin issued at 4.53am on Saturday: The tropical cyclone is not expected to directly affect the coastline in the next 48 hours, however it will be directing large waves towards the coast over the weekend and early next week.

For weather alerts and road closures visit the Bundaberg Region Disaster Dashboard.

Latest news

Recent Comments

CONNECT

30,657FansLike
4,005FollowersFollow
229FollowersFollow
61SubscribersSubscribe
>