The children at St Mary's Bundaberg Outside School Hours Care had a ball cooking up this delicious dessert recipe recently.
The sweet Oreo balls are perfect for a snack or to finish off after dinner time.
They can even make a great gift!
- 40 oreos(three for crushing, 36 for cooking and one for snacking on)
- 250 grams of softened cream cheese
- 500 grams of chocolate melting buttons
- Extras: sprinkles or icing for decoration
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place 36 oreos in a food processor until finely crumbed
- Add cream cheese until well combined
- Scoop mixture to form into oreo balls and line on prepared tray
- Place oreo balls in freezer for 15 minutes, meanwhile crush remaining three Oreos.
- Melt chocolate button according to directions on package.
- Remove oreo balls from freezer and dip in melted chocolate.
- Return to baking sheet, immediately sprinkle tops with crushed Oreos, sprinkles or icing if desired, then allow chocolate to set.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
More recipes: Scouts' apple crumble and custard treat