HomeCommunityNew My Aged Care face-to-face service launches

New My Aged Care face-to-face service launches

my care service
Bundaberg residents can now access a My Aged Care Specialist Officer at the Services Australia Bundaberg Service Centre.

Bundaberg residents can now access a My Aged Care specialist officer at the Services Australia Bundaberg Service Centre to assist them in accessing and navigating the aged care system.

Face to face appointments are available at 26 Woongarra Street to provide a one-stop shop for Senior Australians and their families to get all the information they need relating to My Aged Care.

Federal Member for Hinkler Keith Pitt said the service will help senior Australians and their families connect to the aged care system and get access to the best personalised support and care available.

“The addition of face-to-face services in Bundaberg is great news for the local community,” Mr Pitt said.

“This new service is designed to work together with the government’s My Aged Care website and call centre and creates a one-stop-shop for information.

“More than 40,700 people – or 26.9 percent – of the Hinkler electorate are aged 65 and over. I wrote to Minister for Government Services Linda Reynolds when the announcement of this new service was made last year and requested that Hinkler be considered as a priority.

“I welcome the beginning of the service in Bundaberg as it will provide extra assistance to our seniors and their families.”

The Aged Care Specialist Officers can help with providing in-depth information about aged care services, offer financial information, registration and referral for aged care assessments, and connect senior Australians with local support services, social workers, interpreters and advocates.

Customers can call the Aged Care Line on 1800 227 475 if they need to:

  • Make an appointment to see an Aged Care Specialist Officer in their area
  • Talk about aged care costs or update their financial details.

For support to access Australian Government-funded aged care services, customers can:

  • Go to myagedcare.gov.au
  • Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422
  • Visit a service centre in their area to speak with someone face-to-face.

Other stories: Esme Gollschewsky’s life as a writer




  1. Good to see that we have some one we can talk with face to face. Beats talking with a faceless person I don’t know why we did not have this service before today .

Comments are closed.