If you are a seafood lover, Childers Fine Foods has created a delicious recipe featuring mussels and one of their chilli sauces to tempt your tastebuds and provide an explosion of flavour.
Located in Childers, husband and wife team Nat and Mark are growers of Carolina reaper chillies and makers of exquisite hot reaper sauces, reaper jerky, reaper powders and flakes.
Check out their recipe below:
- 1kg packet of fresh bearded Australian mussels
- 375g tin of tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1 cup of stock of choice
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup of finely chopped coriander
- 4 mushrooms
- Half a red capsicum thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Childers Fine Foods Reaper Sauce to taste
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, add olive oil, onion, garlic and ginger.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add half the coriander, add stock, red wine and tinned tomatoes.
- Cook on low to simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place a large steamer pot of water on the stove stop and bring to boil.
- Place mussels into steamer basket and steam for approximately 10 minutes, or until all mussels are open.
- Place mussels in bowls and spoon sauce over muscles, garnish with remaining coriander.
More recipes: Oreo balls make for a delicious snack