Job interviews can be intimidating for anyone, but it can be especially nerve-racking if it's your first foray into the employment world.
Bundaberg Regional Council Youth Development Action Team has compiled a few hints and tips to help youth around the Bundaberg Region master waiting for their job interview.
A job interview starts from the moment you arrive in the car park. You are being watched to see what and how you do things, even how you sit in the waiting room.
So, when going for your next job interview think about the following:
- Leave your phone in the car, if you can’t leave it in the car, put it on silent and don’t look at it while you’re waiting.
- Walk from the car park to the door with your head up and shoulders back – walk with confidence.
- When speaking with anyone, speak clearly, listen, make eye contact and be polite.
- When you take a seat, sit upright, with you head and shoulders up, and your legs and feet together.
Ask yourself this: If you were the boss, what would you be looking for when potential employees walk into the waiting room?
- Other news: Digital drivers licence a step closer for Queenslanders