Bundaberg Special School students and their families will be able to enjoy a fun day out at the Bundaberg Show this week after being gifted entry tickets from Bundaberg Regional Council.
As part of Council's sponsorship of the annual event, seven family passes featuring tickets for two adults and two children each were presented to the school today.
Bundaberg Region Mayor Jack Dempsey said Council wanted to ensure the passes would help to bring joy to the local community.
“The Bundaberg Show is such an exciting and much-loved annual event which promotes the coming together of community,” he said.
“From thrilling rides, unique pavilion exhibits, a wonderful agricultural showcasing and more, there is always plenty to see and do and we hope the families from the Bundaberg Special School have a fantastic time at this year's event!”
Bundaberg Special School principal Lee-Ann King said the students were well-aware the show was in town this week and were thrilled with the tickets.
“Our children are very excited for the Bundaberg Show but unfortunately some families can't afford to go,” she said.
“These tickets will give them an opportunity to attend.”
Ms King said there were a few special features that the students were always keen to see at the Bundaberg Show.
“The children love the animals, that is a big thing for them,” she said.
“They also get to have dagwood dogs and fairy floss- they really enjoy those sorts of things.
“I think regional shows like the Bundaberg Show create so many memories for kids.
“It is the enjoyment that they are able to look back on when they are older.”
The 128th Bundaberg Show program
The Hitz FM Bundaberg Show‘s gates will open from 8 am tomorrow until Friday at the Bundaberg Recreational Precinct.
A full program is planned across the three-day event with features including a motocross display, grand parade, rodeo and fireworks.
Wednesday 25 May
- 8 am Gates Open
- 9 am. Main Pavilion and Poultry Pavilion open. Main arena, horse events all day. Side show alley opens (large rides from 4 pm).
- 10 am Public bar opens
- 4 pm sideshow alley large rides open
- 7 pm Main arena, El Jay Freestyle Motocross Display
- 8 pm Bundaberg Today Fireworks display.
- 9 pm Main pavilion closes. Sideshows and rides till late.
- All day: Viv's Animal Farm, Professor Wallace Puppets, medieval display, radio-controlled car race demonstrations, Reptile Kingdom display
Thursday 26 May
- 8 am Gates Open
- 9 am. All Pavilions open. Main arena, horse events all day. Woodchop in food court area. Side shows open.
- 10 am Public bar opens. 10 am guinea pig judging in undercover food court area
- 1 pm Grand Parade main arena
- 7 pm ElJay free style motocross main arena.
- 8 pm Bundaberg Today Fireworks. Sideshow alley and public bar continue.
- 9 pm Main Pavilion closes
- All day: Viv's Animal farm, Professor Wallace Puppets, ElJay freestyle, medieval display, radio-controlled car race demonstrations, Reptile Kingdom display
Friday 27 May
- 8 am Gates open
- 9 am Team penning under cover arena, pavilions open, sideshow alley open
- 10 am Public bar open
- 4 pm Rodeo bar opens.
- 5 pm Pavilion closes
- 6 pm Rodeo begins, undercover arena. Followed by music from Spargo Brothers in Formatt Machinery rodeo bar.
- 11.59 Formatt Machinery rodeo bar closes
- All day: Reptile display, Viv's Animal Farm, Professor Wallace Puppets, medieval display, radio-controlled car race demonstrations.
Find out more about the Hitz FM Bundaberg Show here.
Good info for the show but entry prices would be nice for those on a pension please.
Comments are closed.