While the upcoming Milbi Gala Ball will provide eventgoers with a memorable night of dining and dancing, it will also benefit local charities working to keep the reef in good health thanks to a charity auction and raffle prizes.
This year Tangaroa Blue, WYLD and Reef Guardian schools will share in the funds raised by ball participants at the event, to be held on Saturday 5 November at the Bundaberg Multiplex.
Bundaberg Regional Council Arts, Culture and Events portfolio spokesperson Cr John Learmonth said the auction would feature a number of unique items and experiences for locals to bid on, while showing their support for the three groups.
“This year our intention is to support multiple groups doing great environmental work that improves reef health,” he said.
“With the Bundaberg Region the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and a large turtle population calling our shoreline home, it is imperative that as a community we continue to focus on its health and all of the ways in which we can help sustain its life.
“Tangaroa Blue, WYLD and all of our wonderful Reef Guardian schools are heavily involved in projects and activities that do just that.
“From beach clean ups to upcycling projects, ocean education and more, these groups are on the ground working hard to protect our environment.”
Charity auction prizes include:
- Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Bottle and Ball Package
- Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Jersey Package
- Lady Musgrave Island VIP Full Day Tour For Two
- Lady Musgrave Accommodation valued at $1,250
- Become a Brewer Experience with Ballistic Bargara
- Champagne High Tea for 10 at the Moncrieff Entertainment Centre
- Lee Kernaghan Autographed Poster
- Date for two adults at Bundaberg Regional Gallery
- Indoor neon title sign BLOOM from the Bloom exhibition
- Limited-edition Chern’ee Sutton Artwork
- An exclusive Christmas dining experience
- Double VIP Pass to Lighthouse Country
Underwater oasis theme for Milbi Gala Ball
Cr John Learmonth reminded residents tickets were on sale for this year's Milbi Gala Ball, which will transform the Multiplex ballroom into an underwater oasis.
He said the glamourous event was set to be bigger and better than ever and encouraged community members to frock up for the grand occasion.
“This is a great event on the local social calendar, there will be a fantastic opening number by some of Bundaberg’s best local dancers, and entertainment by The Accidents will keep the guests dancing the night away.
“Last year the event raised over $20,000 to help sea turtle conservation and I have no doubt this year will be just as successful,” he said.
2022 Milbi Gala Ball charity fundraiser
When: Saturday 5 November from 6.30 pm for a 7 pm start.
Where: Bundaberg Multiplex, 1 Civic Avenue
Cost: $150 pp includes canapes, mains, dessert, and a drinks package. To purchase tickets click here.