A new medical centre with an associated café and office space has been proposed for development on Takalvan Street, Bundaberg West.
Bundaberg Regional Council recently received the development application from Insite SJC on behalf of applicant Voxel Holdings Pty Ltd.
If approved, two commercial lots would be configured to accommodate the development for the purpose of medical and allied health services, café and office type uses.
The proposed development would feature:
• Approximately 15 staff including three doctors
• Two commercial buildings
• Medical centre and consult rooms for allied health services
• Café with indoor and outdoor dining area
• Second storey office
• Dedicated ambulance bay
• Dedicated waste disposal area screened from the frontages
• Twenty-nine parking spaces including four bicycle spaces.
• Dedicated landscaped treatments along both frontages, around the parking area and boundaries of the site
The application states the proposed project would develop the vacant commercial site with modern architectural style, creating a contemporary and visually attractive area.
“This, in concert with the site’s prominent location on the strategic feeder road to the CBD, within proximity to the Bundaberg West Medical Precinct and Bundaberg Base Hospital, reinforces Bundaberg as an emerging regional city that can offer high quality Medical and allied health services proximate to a vibrant mixed-use environment,” the development application reads.
“The proposed café would also service employees and users of the surrounding commercial and medical services.
“Consequently, the proposed building design strikes a balance between regulatory controls, prominent built form, and an ability to meet the anticipated demand for medical services in the region.”
More development news: Oporto approved for Bundaberg