Residents looking to spread some cheer in the community this festive season are being encouraged to make a donation to the Mayor's Christmas Cheer Appeal.
The appeal raises funds to buy food hampers for locals who need a helping hand to make their Christmas special.
The hampers will be distributed by Salvation Army, St Vincent de Paul (Bundaberg and Childers), Angels Community Group and Childers and Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centres.
So far the appeal has raised $15,022, with each hamper costing $65 to produce.
Bundaberg Region Mayor Jack Dempsey said whether it was a little or a lot, every donation went a long way in helping someone less fortunate.
“Christmas is a time of giving and if you have a small amount that you can donate to the appeal, it will go far in helping to support our community this Christmas,” he said.
“I want to thank those businesses and people who have already come on board to provide donations and their time in helping us spread some cheer.”
Mayor Dempsey said locally-crafted Christmas baubles were also available to purchase as part of the appeal.
“The baubles, created by the team at Community Lifestyle Support's MAKI Space, are a great addition to your Christmas tree or the perfect gift for someone special,” he said.
“Each bauble costs $10, with all proceeds going towards the appeal.”
You can buy baubles from:
- Council Administration Centre Reception, 190 Bourbong Street
- Council's Planning and Development and Infrastructure Services, Level 6 Auswide Building, 16 Barolin Street
- Kolan South State School
- Alowishus Delicious, 174 Bourbong Street and Alowishus @ The Hospital
- Bundaberg Services Club and Sandhills Sports Club
- Salvos Bundaberg Family Superstore, 1 Takalvan Street
- Angels Community Group, Targo Street
- Vinnies Childers, 58 Churchill Street, Childers
Find out more here.