Bundaberg Now welcomes open dialogue with visitors. We do not discriminate against any views and we encourage you to discuss and share opinions with others and Council via this website and our Facebook page.
In order to ensure the site is friendly and welcoming for all visitors, we do moderate articles and comments where needed. We ask that when contributing your views to Bundaberg Now, you ensure that you DO NOT:
- Post anything that could be considered prejudicial, racist, off-topic, inflammatory, repetitive, vexatious, offensive or otherwise inappropriate. It is not acceptable to post comments that are likely to offend others, including references to an individual’s race, age, gender, sexuality, political leaning, religion or disability, and it is unnecessary to post repeat comments continuously.
- Swear, or use otherwise offensive language. We want everyone to be comfortable visiting this page to get the important information we try to provide.
- Harass or make personal attacks against other users. Please be respectful of others and their opinions. It is not acceptable to harass, abuse or threaten other visitors to this site.
- Speculate or comment on legal matters or legislation. As some matters we post about on this page will go before the courts, it is inappropriate to discuss or debate the legislation or potential sentencing related to them.
- Reveal any personal or sensitive information about others on this page. Please remember these sensitivities before you post, and remember never to post private information including email addresses, phone numbers or home addresses on the public wall.
- Re-post other people's appeals, requests or offers, or anything else that could be considered spam or commercial in nature. It is not acceptable to promote anything that may constitute spam, including business and commercial interests, solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any non-governmental agency, including links to any other Facebook pages we haven’t approved.
If you don’t adhere to the guidelines above, we will moderate and potentially remove your comment. Users found to be repeatedly engaging in any activity mentioned above may be banned from this website. We may remove comments and take any discussion ‘offline' or into a private message if we believe that the content is personal in nature, or is affecting the enjoyment of the page for other visitors.
By following these simple guidelines, you will help make our jobs easier and allow us to focus on keeping residents of, and visitors to, the Bundaberg Region informed and up to date.
Overall, we want everyone to feel safe and welcome on Bundaberg Now. We welcome your comments any time and hope you enjoy spending time here.
Opinions posted by users of this page do not reflect the views of the editors or Bundaberg Regional Council.