Repair works are under way on about 1.5km of the Isis Hwy between the Elliott River and Pine Creek Road intersection.
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) says the project involves stabilising and strengthening the road pavement to make it safer for motorists and heavy vehicle operators.
The works will also improve the longevity of the road surface and minimise the need for future maintenance.
Road works will generally be completed during the day between 6am and 6pm from Monday to Friday.
TMR says RoadTek is delivering the works, which are expected to be completed by the end of May 2019, weather permitting.
RoadTek operates as a commercial business within TMR.
The department thanks motorists and nearby residents for their patience and cooperation while these road works are carried out.
What to expect during road works
- Changed traffic conditions: Speed restrictions and lane closures may be in place during the works. Motorists should expect minor traffic delays and are urged to drive to the changed conditions and obey all signage and traffic controllers’ directions.
- Audible construction noise: Heavy machinery will be in use during the work period, resulting in localised noise impacts. The department understands the inconvenience this may cause and will take steps to reduce these impacts wherever possible.
- Reversing beepers: These are important workplace safety requirements and will be used at all times during work hours, with every effort made to minimise impacts wherever possible.
- Construction dust: Construction activities may generate some dust impacts. The project team will monitor dust levels and implement water trucks, as required.
- Private property access restrictions: Vehicle access to private property may be temporarily restricted within active sites for a short period of time. The team will endeavour to minimise any access restrictions and will advise any affected property owners of imminent access disruptions where possible.
For more information contact TMR on 1300 728 390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.