Bundaberg Now is an initiative of Bundaberg Regional Council to provide a free online platform for publishing news that's relevant to the Bundaberg Region.
This includes news and information from Council and regarding Council services.
The website will also publish news from groups, individuals and other organisations that's relevant to the Bundaberg Region.
Our focus is to provide “good news” which celebrates all that is positive about our beautiful Bundaberg Region.
To pass on a news tip, enquire about contributing news or ask about becoming a “citizen journalist” please email [email protected]
Articles that we will generally publish include:
- Items that are relevant to the Bundaberg Region from Council, local organisations, businesses and individuals. For businesses, we won't publish product promotions, but will accept news about expansion, major changes, staffing, awards, etc.
- Sporting results and news from schools, clubs and community groups.
- Community service announcements.
- Photos of breaking news, community events or those that promote a positive image of the region, such as the #lovebundy pictures on Instagram.
Items that we generally won't publish include:
- Court and crime reports.
- Investigative journalism.
- Negative stories.
There are reputable media outlets in Bundaberg that do publish those things and we acknowledge the important role they play.
We don't seek to displace them, but to add to media diversity and provide a platform for many public-interest stories which previously weren't published.
If people disagree with the views expressed in an article, or want to express an opinion, they may do so in the comments section or contact us.
Errors and complaints
Please state the nature of the mistake or grievance and include a contact number and email for us to respond.
Any factual error will be corrected as soon as possible in accordance with our fact-checking policy. Complaints will be responded to with 24 hours.
Who writes for us?
Bundaberg Now content is edited and curated by members of the Communications team at Bundaberg Regional Council. Writers include Council staff and community members.
Articles are invited and accepted from community organisations, businesses and agencies. To enquire about partnership opportunities or contributing, please contact us.
- Our authors
Copyright and re-use of material
Any article here that's directly related to a Bundaberg Regional Council decision, action or event is free to use without attribution. If in doubt, contact us. These will generally appear under the Council category or in sectons related to arts, libraries, galleries, the Moncrieff Entertainment Centre and events..
Other content published here (eg community, business news under a byline that's not “Contributed”) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence.
That means anyone may:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
- Under the following terms — Attribution: You must give appropriate credit and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests we endorse you or your use.
Articles that are bylined “Contributed” have been provided to us and may be considered to be in the public domain and not subject to any licence.
Our use of third-party material
We may publish images, graphics, video, audio, text or other material that we understand is free to use in the public domain. Where possible, we'll identify the source of any third-party material.
If we inadvertently use material that is owned by you, please contact us and we'll immediately acknowledge this and/or remove the item.
Bundaberg Now is owned and operated by Bundaberg Regional Council. Writers for Bundaberg Now include Council staff, community members and contributors.
- 190 Bourbong Street, Bundaberg
- PO Box 3130, Bundaberg 4670