Bundaberg Now is an initiative of Bundaberg Regional Council to provide a free online platform for publishing news that's relevant to the Bundaberg Region.
This includes news and information from Council and regarding Council services.
The website will also publish news from groups, individuals and other organisations that's relevant to the Bundaberg Region.
Our focus is to provide “good news” which celebrates all that is positive about our beautiful Bundaberg Region.
To pass on a news tip, enquire about contributing news or ask about becoming a “citizen journalist” please email [email protected]
Articles that we will generally publish include:
- Items that are relevant to the Bundaberg Region from Council, local organisations, businesses and individuals. For businesses, we won't publish product promotions, but will accept news about expansion, major changes, staffing, awards, etc.
- Sporting results and news from schools, clubs and community groups.
- Community service announcements.
- Photos of breaking news, community events or those that promote a positive image of the region, such as the #lovebundy pictures on Instagram.
Items that we generally won't publish include:
- Court and crime reports.
- Investigative journalism.
- Negative stories.
There are reputable media outlets in Bundaberg that do publish those things and we acknowledge the important role they play.
Although much of our content will be written by media and communications professionals, articles may appear with only one voice.
Again, we acknowledge the role of other media. We don't seek to displace them, but to add to media diversity and provide a platform for many stories which previously weren't published.
If people disagree with the views expressed in an article, or want to express an opinion, they may do so in the comments section or contact us.
Who writes for us?
Bundaberg Now content is edited and curated by members of the Communications team at Bundaberg Regional Council. Writers include Council staff and community members.
Articles are invited and accepted from community organisations, businesses and agencies. To enquire about partnership opportunities or contributing, please contact us.
- Our authors
Copyright and re-use of material
Content published here is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence.
That means anyone may:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
- Under the following terms — Attribution: You must give appropriate credit and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests we endorse you or your use.
Our use of third-party material
We may publish images, graphics, video, audio, text or other material that we understand is free to use in the public domain. Where possible, we'll identify the source of any third-party material.
If we inadvertently use material that is owned by you, please contact us and we'll immediately acknowledge this and/or remove the item.