UPDATE: The previous bushfire warning has changed.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) crews will continue to monitor a bushfire burning in the vicinity of Cummins Road, Wonderland Avenue and Arcadia Drive, Branyan.
This fire is currently contained and posing no threat to property at this time. Smoke may affect Branyan and surrounds. If affected, residents are advised to close windows and doors.
Those suffering a respiratory condition should keep their medications close by. Motorists should drive with caution and to conditions. If people are concerned their property is under threat they should call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
EARLIER: Queensland Fire and Emergency Services have issued a bushfire advice warning for residents of the Branyan area to stay informed.
As at 2.45pm Sunday 10 February, a bushfire was travelling from Cummins Road, near Wonderland Avenue, in a westerly direction towards Arcadia Drive.
People in the area will be affected by smoke, which will reduce visibility and air quality.
Call Triple Zero (000) immediately if you believe you or your property is under threat.
Residents are advised to keep up to date and decide what actions they will take if the situation changes.
What residents should do
- Listen to your local radio station or visit the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website for regular updates.
- If you have a bushfire survival plan, refer to it now and be ready to follow it.
- If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, or if your plan is to leave, identify where you will go if the situation changes.
- Close windows and doors to minimise smoke exposure.
- If you suffer from a respiratory condition, keep your medication close by.
- Drive with caution in low visibility conditions.
- Contact your neighbours to see if they need help preparing for the bushfire.
- Consider finding your essential items (eg identification documents, prescription medication, food and water, and protective clothing such as a long-sleeved cotton shirt and trousers, and boots) in case you need to leave.
- Consider what you will do to protect your pets and livestock.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Advise family and friends of your intended actions if the situation changes.
How to stay informed:
- Follow QFES on Facebook and Twitter.
- Stay tuned to your local radio station.
- Visit the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/map.
- For bushfire preparation tips visit the RFS website.
- For information about road closures, call 13 19 40 or visit www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au.
- Other news: North Bundaberg drainage work in the pipeline