The Department of Transport and Main Roads will soon begin repairs on a 660-metre section of Elliott Heads Road from north of the Innes Park Road intersection toward Elliott Heads at Innes Park.
This section of road has deteriorated in recent years, causing a rougher surface for motorists to travel on.
The rehabilitation works will stabilise and strengthen the pavement to improve driving conditions, extend the road’s longevity and reduce future maintenance costs.
RoadTek will undertake the works, which are expected to begin mid-March 2019 and be completed within two weeks, weather permitting.
Works will generally be undertaken Monday to Friday between 6am and 6pm.
The department thanks residents and motorists for their patience and cooperation while works are under way on the Elliott Heads Road.
What to expect during the works
- Audible construction noise: Heavy machinery will be in use during the work period, resulting in localised noise impacts. The project team will take steps to reduce
- these impacts wherever possible.
- Reversing beepers, flashing lights and lighting towers: These are important safety requirements and will be used at all times during work hours, with every effort made to minimise impacts wherever possible.
- Construction dust: Construction activities may generate some dust impacts. The project team will monitor dust levels and implement water trucks, as required.
- Private property access restrictions: Vehicle access to private property will be temporarily restricted within active sites for a short period of time. The team will endeavour to minimise any access restrictions and will advise any affected property owners of imminent access disruptions where possible.
- Changed traffic conditions: A speed restriction and lane closures may be in place during the works. Motorists should expect minor traffic delays and are urged to drive to the changed conditions and obey all signage and traffic controllers’ directions.
For more information about the Elliott Heads Road works contact the Department of Transport and Main Road, phone 1300 728 390, email email@example.com.