East Coast Apprenticeships Bundaberg is delivering a specially designed program for those interested in launching a career in Individual Support Care.
Queensland has a significant shortfall of compassionate carers in a career that requires committed people who have a passion for caring for others.
This unique 10-week course will appeal to genuine future Disability Care Workers.
East Coast Apprenticeships has numerous disability care providers and host employers offering traineeships to the people who stand out during the program and who are committed.
The organisation said by completing this course residents could potentially be signed into a traineeship at any stage during the program.
Training will commence Monday 7 September 2020 and will be delivered in Bundaberg with 12 positions on offer.
Work placements will be provided and supported by leading stakeholders in the Disability Care Sector.
Securing your traineeship is a feature of this program on your journey to a fulfilling career.
East Coast is seeking participants who meet all or some of the following criteria:
- Genuine commitment to a career in this industry – imperative!
- Passion and commitment to a career in the Disability Care Sector.
- Attend a training program for 10 weeks (unpaid).
- Registered, fully insured vehicle with current licence.
- Current resume including all courses & qualifications (for traineeship eligibility purposes)
- QLD resident aged 15 years & over who is no longer at school; AUS/NZ citizen or AUS permanent resident.
Applicants must be able to attend a training program for 10 weeks including seven weeks of college, three days of 6 hour sessions per week from 7 September 2020.
They must also attend three weeks of vocational placement five days a week. The vocational placement will occur after Week seven of the Individual Support Care program.
East Coast Apprenticeships said this is a career where you must be committed and available to work weekends, public holidays and evenings including split shifts.
Further information can be obtained by calling East Coast Apprenticeships Bundaberg on 4152 7333.
If this sounds like the Individual Support Care career you have been looking for register online and apply by 3 pm on 24 August, 2020.
- Other news: Carinbundi Foundation Golf Day