HSG at the Gardens’ vegan zucchini and sweet corn fritters are a gluten and nut free surprise and they are perfect for little kitchen helpers to give a go.
Bundaberg chef and HSG at the Gardens owner Dion Taylor loves cooking with local produce and he said the abundance of zucchinis grown in the Bundaberg Region, made the vegetable the ideal hero for his vegan fritters.
Dion has spent 15 years in the Bundaberg Region and had previously practised his trade throughout Australia and overseas with access to worldwide markets.
Picking up many tips and tricks along the way, Dion now shares this easy-cook vegan zucchini and sweet corn fritters recipe for the home chef to master.
- 2 grated zucchinis
- 1 cup sweet corn
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1/8 bunch chopped parsley
- 1 cup gluten-free SR flour
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 cup chickpea flour/ buck wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 litre soy or almond milk
- Mix all ingredients into a mixing bowl and gradually add the milk until a pancake batter forms.
- Spoon in quarter-cup amounts of batter in a fry pan or on your barbecue and cook.
- Zucchini and carrot
- Zucchini and cauliflower
- Zucchini and semi-dried tomato
- More recipes: Fisherman’s Bruschetta by Seafood Smokery a hit