Avocado season in the Bundaberg Region is about to begin and locals will be spoilt with the fresh, delicious pear-shaped fruit.
There are many ways to enjoy the creamy fruit, whether it’s scooped from its skin for smashed avo on toast or whipped up into healthy chocolate mousse.
Here is a fresh, green summer avocado salad with apple and goats’ cheese to enjoy with both family and friends.
- 2 baby cos lettuces
- 2 avocados
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 75g goat’s cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Apple cider and mustard dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Step 1: To make the apple cider and mustard dressing, all you need to do is place all ingredients in a small jar and shake vigorously until well combined, season to taste and chill until ready to serve.
- Step 2: Quarter the baby cos lengthwise, cut the avocados into wedges and thinly slice the apples into rounds; then roughly chop the pine nuts.
Arrange lettuce, avocado and apple on a serving platter.
Sprinkle with cheese, nuts and parsley. Drizzle with dressing and your green summer salad with avocado, apple and goats’ cheese is ready to serve.
- Earlier news: Bundaberg avocados a smashing success