With vibrant pink, or pearly white flesh, the lightly sweet taste of dragon fruit is ideal when blended with sweeter fruits to make a dragon fruit smoothie.
Right now, it’s peak season for dragon fruit in the Bundaberg Region and the fresh fruit full of antioxidants keeps growing in popularity year-on-year.
A perfect dragon fruit smoothie is made with a creamy blend of dragon fruit, mango, and banana.
Besides its gorgeous colour, dragon fruit has gained a lot of traction in the health food community because of its high nutrient value being rich in iron, magnesium, and fibre.
Dragon fruit has a lightly sweet taste and benefits from blending up with sweeter fruits, such as banana, mango, strawberries, blueberries or pineapple which all add great flavour to dragon fruit smoothies.
- 1 cup dragon fruit, cubed and frozen
- 1 cup mango, cubed and frozen
- 2 bananas, cut into quarters and frozen
- 3/4 cup milk of choice: almond milk, coconut milk or dairy
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 scoop whey protein powder optional
- 2-4 ice cubes depending on how thick an icy you'd like it
- Add frozen fruit, milk, lime juice and protein powder to a blender, and process slowly until very smooth.
- Add more milk as necessary to thin to desired texture. Enjoy.
- Earlier story: Dragon fruit farm makes ‘old heart jump‘