This delicious recipe by Barritt's Butchery will have you enjoying the warmer weather by the barbecue.
The family-run business has been operating from Svensson Heights since 2005 with the team producing all of their own ham, bacon and smallgoods on site.
They also specialise in MSA Grade beef and lamb and make all of their own sausages.
Barritt's Butchery Apricot-glazed lamb loin chops
- 8 to 12 lamb loin chops
- 1/2 tsp sumac powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of apricot jam
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Pearl couscous salad
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- juice and zest from 2 oranges
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups rocket leaves
- 2 to 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint or coriander leaves, torn
1. Bring water to boil in medium saucepan. Add couscous, cover pot and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes then remove pan from heat, keep covered and rest for 10 minutes. Fluff couscous with fork and add to large bowl.
2. Whisk together orange zest and juice, mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add half the dressing to the warm couscous and toss to combine.
3. Drizzle lamb chops with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and sumac. In a small bowl whisk together apricot jam, honey, soy sauce, mustard and garlic.
4. Add chops to barbecue and cook for 3 minutes until golden. Turn over, brush chops with glaze and cook for further 3 minutes. Repeat process once more then transfer chops to clean plate, cover with foil and rest of 5 minutes.
5. Add rocket, grapes, celery, walnuts, herbs and remaining orange dressing to the bowl with couscous, mix well. Serve chops with salad and enjoy.
More recipes: Zoe's favourite cider braised pulled pork recipe