While there are currently no water restrictions in the Bundaberg Region, every drop counts, and being water wise not only saves water but also money.
Bundaberg Regional Council’s Water Services team have a few helpful tips to help you conserve water in your home.
Some simple ideas to conserve water at home:
- Keep your shower to four minutes long – almost one quarter of household water is used in the shower!
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth – this will save 15 litres of water a minute
- Store drinking water in the fridge – running the tap until cold uses 15 litres a minute
- Connect your rainwater tank to your toilet and washing machine – this saves 50,000 litres a year
- Wait for a full load to do your washing – this saves 15,000 litres a year
Other stories: How to: Identify the broad-leaved pepper tree pest