The Friends of the Library service provides an opportunity for avid readers, who can no longer access the library independently, an avenue to continue to borrow and enjoy books.
The program sees volunteers visit the library to choose books for residents registered with the program and deliver them direct to their door.
It aims to:
- support and encourage free libraries
- give voluntary and practical help in maintaining and extending library services
Becoming a Friend
The benefits of being a Friend of the Library include:
- regular newsletters
- the opportunity to have input into the future direction of your library
- widening your circle of friends and meeting people with a similar interests
- the enjoyment and pride felt when helping others
For anyone interested, a Friends of the Library pamphlet is available from the Library with further information.
It contains an Application Form which you fill out and hand in at the Library counter.
Anyone who wishes to volunteer their services is most welcome.
Contact Friends of the Library at Bundaberg Library for more information on 4130 4140 to find out more about volunteering or receiving books.
Other stories: Hinkler Hall exhibition to showcase rich history