By ensuring you sort your load before arriving at a Council waste facility you are helping to reduce waste to landfill while recycling right.
When packing your vehicle or trailer it is important to think about the following steps:
- Separate recycled products from waste items
- Prior to loading your vehicle or trailer, group similar items together
- Items to be unloaded last at the facility should be placed first into the vehicle or trailer, for example:
- General waste to the back
- Green waste towards the front
- Scrap metal and recycling on top or where it can be unloaded first
You can find out more about correctly sorting your load here.
Other stories: Community support for R U OK? Day 2022