HomeNewsBriefHow to: hire landholder equipment

How to: hire landholder equipment

hire landholder equipment
Spray trailer with mounted boomless sprayer.

Did you know Council has available for hire a range of weed and animal control equipment to assist landholders with pest plants or animal control needs?

Council has the following landholder equipment available:

  • Wick wipers: available free of charge for control of giant rat’s tail grass.
  • Spray units: 400 litre Quikspray units with 100 metre remote controlled retractable hose reels are available for control of declared plants.
  • Splatter guns: used for the control of lantana, particularly in steep terrain or inaccessible locations.
  • Boomless spray attachment: fit to Council spray units or other suitable high volume pump for undertaking control of large infestations.
  • Aquatic weed control: contact Council for more information on the range of equipment and advice available.

Council Land Protection Officers can also advise prospective purchasers of any invasive plant infestations that may be present on a property prior to purchase.

Landholders can access these services and equipment by contacting Council on 1300 883 699 and request to talk with one of Council's Land Protection Officers.

All fees and charges relating to hire of equipment can be found in Council's Fees and Charges online search facility.

For more information and resources about managing invasive plants and animals visit the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries website.

Latest news

Recent Comments