Development activity powered ahead during February and March with 44 development applications decided, 32 new lots approved and 74 new lots created.
Bundaberg Regional Council Planning and Development portfolio spokesperson Cr Ross Sommerfeld said there was no sign of development interest slowing down, with 537 enquiries received by the planning department over the past two months.
“We are averaging more than 12 enquiries a day on top of the dozens of development applications which have been processed,” Cr Sommerfeld said.
“This is a big improvement on previous years and a sign of confidence in the region.”
He said Council’s Open for Development initiative continued to drive growth in the region with four projects incentivised in the past two months, bringing the total to 180.
“So far 112 of the incentivised developments have been completed worth a total of $107.5 million,” he said.
“This is a fantastic result for the community and Council will continue to foster investment in the region through this program.”
February-March development report
Key developments approved during February and March include:
- Car park for Friendlies Hospital extension (stage 1) – 15 Bingera Street, Bundaberg West
- Extractive Industry – 824 Bucca Road, Bucca
- Extension to child care centre – 6 University Drive, Branyan
- Extension to hard rock quarry – Clarkes Road, Delan
- Relocatable Home Park (344 Home Sites and Communal Facilities) – Logan Road, Innes Park
- Childcare centre – 3 Barber Street, Bundaberg North
- Civil engineering works for Cordalba to Booyal cane railway line
- Dentist’s practice – 96 Targo Street, Bundaberg South
- Residential subdivision, Bargara Outlook Estate stage 3-6 (26 lots) – Wearing Road, Bargara