In the latest Coronavirus update for the Bundaberg Region, Shalom Markets and Catholic Masses have been suspended and library operations are limited.
In addition to the closure of venues and programs with public gatherings announced earlier this week, Bundaberg Regional Council will also be introducing the following actions:
From Monday, 23 March 2020, the Bundaberg Library will limit entry to only those persons loaning or returning books and other loan items.
All publicly accessible computers and wi-fi in the Bundaberg Library will be switched off and unavailable for use.
Library staff are urging residents to take advantage of their e-services on the website.
To find out more about other library services impacted click here.
Community events cancelled or postponed
- Shalom Markets have been suspended until further notice
- Bundaberg Early Holden Club's All Holden Day, scheduled for 9 May, is now cancelled
- All staff and visitors to Carinity Kepnock Grove aged care in Bundaberg are being submitted to infrared temperature checks before entering buildings with entry restricted to immediate family members only, such as the spouse and children of the resident. Visiting hours have been restricted to two hours per day, seven days per week, with visits to take place only in the resident’s room and for short durations.
- Bundaberg and District Senior Citizens is closed until further notice
The Catholic Bishop of Rockhampton, Michael McCarthy, has suspended all public masses and liturgies throughout the diocese until further notice, including Holy Week services.
The sacraments of baptism, marriage and funerals will continue in accordance with public health advice to limit indoor gatherings to under 100 people.
Other denominational services in the region are currently going ahead unless otherwise stated.
The Anglican Church of Southern Queensland strongly advise people should not attend if they’re in a high-risk group and strict hygiene rules will be followed at the service.
Changes to the services include no sharing of the common cup at communion and when it comes to greeting with the sign of peace, people are being urged not to shake hands.
Church services as follows:
- Saturday evening 6pm – at St John’s Burnett Heads
- Sunday 7am and 9.30am at Christ church
- Sunday 9am – at Bargara.
For updates or advice about Coronavirus visit the Department of Health website.