A shopping complex featuring a supermarket, cafe, 24-hour gym and service station has been proposed for Rifle Range Road, Bargara.
Located at the new intersection of Hughes and Back Windermere Roads, the shopping complex would be located close to Palm Lakes Resort.
Bargara Village has lodged the development application with Bundaberg Regional Council for a Material Change of Use for a shopping centre, service station and showroom.
The shopping complex is proposed to be constructed over four stages, including two sub-stages.
While the complex would be predominantly comprised of shops, the applicant said the proposal also included cafes, restaurants, offices and a limited line supermarket.
A development approval has previously been issued over the site for a general business that incorporated a supermarket, shops, commercial premises, catering (fast food), medical centre and pharmacy, however this approval lapsed in June 2017.
Within the current application, allowance has been made for 204 car-parking spaces, including 10 persons with disability (PWD) spaces and 42 bicycle parking spaces.
Rifle Range Road shopping complex proposed hours:
- Bulky goods / Supermarket: 7am to 9pm, seven days a week
- Service station: 24 hours, seven days a week
- Cafe / restaurants: 7am to 11pm, seven days a week
- Bottle shop in specialty shop 2, 10am to 10pm, seven days a week
- Gym (self-serve style) in specialty shop 5, 24 hours, seven days a week
- Goods delivery and waste collection 7am to 6pm, seven days a week
In support of the proposed development of a service station, the applicant has completed an economic assessment.
“The proposed development will boost the local economy by providing private sector investment,” the application said.
The site has a total area of 1.942ha and has a frontage of approximately 80m to Hughes Road and 150m to Rifle Range Road.
The proposed Rifle Range Road shopping complex is located within a sea turtle protection area and would be subject to impact assessment.
- Other news: Woodgate Holiday Park expansion approved