The Bundaberg Regional Sport and Recreation Reference Advisory Group has enlisted new members for the next four-year stage of the committee's work.
The members were approved and appointed in this week's Bundaberg Regional Council Ordinary Meeting.
Sport and Recreation portfolio spokesperson Cr Vince Habermann said the group was vital in assisting Council with its community engagement process.
“The establishment of the BRSRAG supports Council’s commitment to engage with its community and to acknowledge the critical role recreation, sport and leisure plays in the well being of our community,” he said.
“The BRSRAG members are appointed for a four-year term, with the previous group coming together in 2016. ,” he said.
“Members are made up of people from various community groups, including representatives from Council, local schools and sporting codes.”
Cr Habermann said expressions of interest for membership of the Sport and Recreation Advisory Group was sought in November 2020 and new members were chosen based on their knowledge, interest and expertise relating to the region's sporting community.
“The group is made up of continuing Education Queensland members as well as new and continuing members of the community,” he said.
Cr Habermann said the group would be an integral part in shaping the sporting community into the future.
The Bundaberg Regional Sport and Recreation Reference Advisory Group members are:
- Cr Vince Habermann (Sport and Recreation Portfolio Councillor)
- Geordie Lascelles (Council Branch Manager Parks, Sport & Natural
- David Field (Council Coordinator Sport and Recreation)
- Linda Kleinschmidt – (Department Housing, Homelessness and
- Bradley Grogan (General Community/Sport Representative)
- Peter Bock (General Community/Sport Representative)
- Noel Stitt (Education Queensland)
- Simon Gills (Education Queensland)
Other sport stories: Gold Coast Knights coaching clinic kicks off next month