As part of the roll out of e-scooters in Bundaberg and Bargara, Neuron Mobility is holding Scoot Safe events to get people ride ready and receive free e-scooter credits.
Safety ambassadors will engage one-on-one with riders and the general public to educate and highlight safety guidelines and assist with installing Neuron’s ride app.
Tourist Danny Long was one of the first to take part in a briefing on Friday morning, and give the e-scooters a try.
“I enjoyed it, it was great, good fun,” Danny said.
Danny was visiting Bargara from the Sunshine Coast for the Easter long weekend and said the e-scooters are a great way to see the sights.
“More communities like this should have it, to get out and make the most of the local amenities. This is definitely the way forward I think.”
He added the app was straightforward and simple to use.
Jayden Bryant, regional manager at Neuron Mobility, said the vast majority of riders in other locations have behaved safely and responsibly on the e-scooters.
“However we do want to take this opportunity, as we launch, to reinforce the rules as well as our safety guidelines,” he said.
“This is why we have deployed our safety ambassadors to help educate new riders and the general public on the rules and top safety guidelines.
“A new city means a lot of new riders, many who have never ridden an e-scooter before,” he said.
These roving Scoot Safe events will be held on the Bargara foreshore and Bundaberg CBD over the Easter long weekend.
People who come along and take part in the Scoot Safe briefing will also be awarded free credit towards future rides.
Download the Neuron ride app
Here’s some other handy information on the new e-scooters:
- Neuron riders must be 18 years old and above
- E-scooters can only be ridden on the pavement, not on roads or on on-road bicycle lanes
- Only one rider allowed per e-scooter, and no tandem riding with children
- Wearing a helmet is mandatory, there is one on every e-scooter
- Maintain a safe distance between riders and pedestrians
- Give way to pedestrians and mobility devices (such as wheelchairs) at all times
- Do not ride under the influence of alcohol or any other substance
- Park responsibly, don't obstruct access areas, don’t park too close to a junction
- Other news: E-scooters available to rent in time for Easter