This delicious chicken and vegetable soup recipe has been created by Teena Mammino and is the perfect dish to enjoy in the upcoming cooler weather.
The recipe is part of the Cooking with the Season of Childers book.
Ingredients for chicken and vegetable soup:
- 1 cooked chicken, diced (bones removed
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 zucchini, diced
- 1 can corn, kernels (drained)
- 1 cup peas
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 liters water
- salt, pepper and herbs to taste
- 1 packet cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet thick vegetable soup
- 1 litre water (extra)
Place all of the ingredients ina large saucepan with enough water to generously cover the contents.
Boil until the vegetables are soft.
Mix cream of chicken soup with 500ml water and thick vegetable soup with 500ml water and add to soup base, mix for approximately 10 minutes until thick.
Serve with a small portion of macaroni to make a chunky, hearty meal.
Other recipes: Lovely lemon butter a zesty treat