This recipe has been created by Desley Lecky of the Oakwood CWA and uses delicious blueberries with white chocolate to provide a sweet twist to the humble scone.
The scrumptious recipe was recently featured in the QCWA Burnett Division Scone Celebration Compilation booklet.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup blueberries frozen (thawed)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate bits
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees Celsius fan forced.
- Sift flour and salt into bowl, rub in butter with fingertips.
- Add blueberries and white chocolate.
- Add milk and water and gently mix with knife to form a soft dough.
- Knead lightly on floured bench press out to 2cm thickness and cut with scone cutter.
- Place on tray, brush tops with milk and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
More recipes: QCWA Bundaberg ginger beer cupcakes