New Bundaberg-based online television platform Wide Bay ITV will officially launch on Monday with a range of ready-to-stream programs showcasing local presenters and talent.
Creator Phill Harris has been working behind the scenes to fill the program with local content and said a range of familiar faces would be showcased in the program line-up.
“Locally made shows include The Wide Bay AFL Footy Show hosted by Jimmy Power who is part of Waves Eagles and Griffin Webb from Brothers Bulldogs,” he said.
“They interview special guests and feature a fun competition each week.
“Seven local weekly shows will also be featured on Wide Bay ITV at this point, but this will grow over time.”
Phill said he liked to refer to Wide Bay ITV as “community TV” and aimed to revive locally produced content that once dominated the channels.
“In 1990 aggregation of free to air tv in regional Australia killed just about all local content,” he said.
“This is the return of local long form content – it's our faces in our own backyard and our own stories that we can now share with the world.
“As we are all so used to streaming services like YouTube and Netflix, it was a no brainer to start Wide Bay Internet Television as streaming service.”
Phill said he was excited to officially launch Wide Bay ITV to the community from next week.
“I hope our community get behind our own local TV channel by watching our shows, sharing the message that we exist and making their own shows for us to share,” he said.
“Wide Bay ITV is completely free to watch, 24/7, via widebayitv.com or the Amazon Fire TV app or the Android TV app for android smart TVs.”
Local shows on Wide Bay ITV:
- The Collectors, hosted by Victoria Clarke, follows passionate collectors and their collections of classic cars to dolls and much more.
- The Music Scene, hosted by Amanda McGinley, is a music showcase of local singers, songwriters and bands and sometimes special visiting guests.
- The Garden Show, hosted by Raymond Sinnamon, examines local flora with hints and tips for better gardens in the region's climate.
- In Bundy Tonight, hosted by Christie McLucas, is a variety show with guest performances and interviews from local and visiting artists and other interesting people.
- The Creative Space, hosted by Corina Robinson, features interviews with artists of all disciplines.
- The Whinge, hosted by Zoe Hudson, takes a look at social media posts to find out if some complaints are legitimate or just a whinge.
- The Wide Bay AFL Footy Show, hosted by Jimmy Power and Griffin Webb, share interviews with special guests and run fun competitions each week.