Roadside maintenance, including drain cleaning, intersection upgrades and footpath construction, were just some of the works undertaken by Bundaberg Regional Council’s roads and drainage team in April.
The Avoca, Hope and Grimwood intersection upgrade is well underway with the project completion expected in May, while road sealing work on Mercers Road is also nearly completed.
Students at Bundaberg North State High School can travel to and from school on foot safer thanks to the addition of the Barber Street footpath.
The Gin Gin State School footpath at May Street and Milden Street was also completed over the Easter school holidays.
The pathway on Avoca Road, Bundaberg is due to be completed this month.
April roads and drainage summary
A range of other minor and maintenance works were also completed, including:
- Drain Spraying Program
- Moore Park Drains
- Spraying of roadside guidepost and signs
- Clearing and spraying of town streets
- Pothole repairs on various town streets
- Pothole repairs on main roads
- Edge patching completed
- Hendricksens Road
- Weir Road
- Back Windemere Road – Floodway remediation and road works
- Driveway at Mill Street, South Kolan
- Drain cleaning – Byron Street, Burnett Heads
- Windermere Road – partial completion
- Driveway Extension – Norville swimming pool
- Bridge slab driveway – Elliott Heads Esplanade (Private works)
- New Footpath installation – Twyford Street, Avoca
- Pedestrian ramps – Watson Street opposite Bundaberg State High School
- Slabs for disabled side access vehicles – Quay Street and Woongarra Street
- Bollards – Wongarra State Primary School carpark
- Bridge slabs replaced: Crofton Street, Welch Street, and George Street
- Construction of culvert on Allan Schmidt Road, completed
- Kerb and Channel repairs at Meghan Crescent, Hummock
- Catchpit repairs at Buchan Court, Kepnock, Avoca Street, Millbank, and Bourbong Street, CBD.
Grading works completed
- Koolboo Road
- Coruana Road
- Rounds Road
- Keoghs Road
- Paynes Road
- Lew Crosswell Road
- James Road
- Bakers Road
- Kalbar Road
- Woodbury Drive
- Rudds Road
- Weir Road
- Manoo Road
- Nicolsons Road
- Sharon Road
- Powers Street (construction).
- Mulgrave Street
- Enterprise Street
- Totten Street
- Eureka Station Road, Eureka – Insitu stabilisation and shoulder repairs
- Marule Road, Booyal – Insitu stabilisation
- Wechsels Road, Horton – remove large trees from pipe downstream and replace damaged pipes
- Booyal – Svenssons Road, Marule Road
- Promisedland – Svenssons Road
- Church Street, Horton – Upgrade including installation of RCBCs, construction of drains
- Station Road, Horton – Replacement of Culvert
Road Grading Gin Gin and Surrounds
- Damascus – Damascus Road, Runges Road
- Delan – Clarkes Road, Highams Road, Weithew Road
- Drinan – Berrembea Road, Cloyne-Pratts Road, Pratts Road
- Gaeta – Nangandie Road
- Kolonga – Barton Road, E.Claxton Road, Hintons Road, Rickards Road
- Meadowvale – Kleidons Road
- Moolboolaman – Broadmeadows Road, Brushy Creek Road, Curlew Court, Dingle Road, Friarbird Drive, Myers Road, Springs Road, Triller Court, Woodswallow Drive
- Waterloo – Rows Road, Tindels Road, Top Waterloo Road
- Winfield – Mollenhagens Road
- Yandaran – Bryce Street, Cyrils Road, Pops Lane, South Littabella Road
Gin Gin Area Construction
- Gin Gin Primary School Footpath – May Street / Milden Street
The bridge crew has been clearing vegetation to ensure visibility for motorists.
The batters at Kevin Livingston Drive have been repaired and Lanlok450 placed and pegged to help hold the banks.