If you are short on time Tina McPherson says her Tinaberries Eton Mess recipe, full of delicious strawberries and other local goodies, makes the perfect dessert.
- Fresh strawberries x 750 grams (Tinaberries)
- Fresh passionfruit x 5 (From Tinaberries)
- Mini meringues x 2 packs (always available at Foodworks Olsens Corner)
- Roasted Macadamias x 200 grams (from Macadamias Australia)
- Tinaberries Ice Cream (or any ice cream if desperate)
- Cream (Baffle or Central QLD Dairy) x 200 ml
- Creme Fraiche x 125 grams
- Icing sugar (Bundaberg) x 55 grams
- Scraped seeds of 1/2 Vanilla Bean (Available at One Little Farm)
Tinaberries Eton Mess recipe directions
Whisk crème fraiche, cream, icing sugar and vanilla seeds together in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
Scatter chopped strawberries in six individual glass dishes (Avenells stock a great selection), top with a generous scoop of ice cream, scatter chopped macadamias over the ice cream, top with whipped cream mix and scoop passionfruit pulp over the top.
Pop a sprig of mint on top for a final flourish.
You can create most of this Tinaberries Eton Mess in front of your guests or arrive at a party with it deconstructed in a basket ready for everyone to create their own.
Other recipes: Appetising custard apple and pork stir fry