Bundaberg resident Lisa Clark's creamy chicken with rice recipe is filled with local ingredients and is a family favourite at dinner time.
“This is a quick and easy recipe with has plenty of hidden vegetables which make up a tasty base, full of flavour,” she said.
“It's a great dish for kids and even better as leftovers!”
Creamy chicken with rice ingredients
- 1kg chicken thigh cutlets or fillets from your local butcher
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 large diced onion
- Half a diced capsicum
- 1 diced carrot
- 2 cups sliced mushroom
- 1 large chopped celery stick
- Seasoned flour to coat chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 1 heaped teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Half a cup of thickened cream
- Coat chicken pieces in seasoned flour and put aside.
- In large pan add diced vegetables (except mushroom) to oil and soften.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, paprika and stir.
- Add coated chicken pieces to pan and mix well.
- Add stock.
- Cook slowly until tender, coating with vegetable base.
- Add mushrooms.
- Add thickened cream 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
More recipes: Blueberry and white chocolate scones