Check out these tips from Council's Natural Resources team to build a backyard frog hotel to provide a safe space for them in urban areas.
• PVC pipes
• Hand saw
• Waterproof container
• Small rocks/gravel
• Water plants
Method to build your backyard frog hotel
1. Cut the PVC pipes to different lengths, make sure they are at least 60cm otherwise cane toads will move in!
2. Sandpaper the edges of the pipes
3. Stand the pipes upright in a waterproof container such as a bowl or tub
4. Place some of the small rocks/gravel around the pipes to help the pipes stand up on their own
5. Add your water plants
6. Fill the rest of the bowl with gravel and rocks
7. Pour water into the bowl and some into the pipes
8. Position the hotel in a shady spot safe from pets
9. Wait for your froggy guests to check in to their new backyard frog hotel!
More tips: How to: help our turtle population