Did you know at least one in three Australian homes contain asbestos?
If your house was built before 1987 the likelihood is even higher.
Keep you and your family safe this Asbestos Awareness Month.
Get to know asbestos and how to safely manage your renovations with the asbestos awareness 20 point safety check at asbestosawareness.com.au.
Things to look out for include:
- If asbestos is disturbed during renovations or maintenance your health and the health of your family could be at risk
- DIY is not recommended where asbestos is present.
- If you’re not sure if asbestos is in your home you can have it inspected by a licenced removalist or a licensed asbestos assessor.
- Products made from asbestos cement include fibro sheeting (flat and corrugated), water, drainage and flue pipes, roofing shingles, guttering and floor and wall coverings.
- There are legal requirements regarding asbestos management, its removal and disposal.
- Don’t play renovation roulette! Think Smart. Think Safe.
Find out more on Bundaberg Regional Council's website here.
Related news: How to: Use the Recycle Mate app