Five Bundaberg Regional Council facilities were named as popular tourism experiences when the Best of Queensland Experiences Program was released last week.
Moncrieff Entertainment Centre, Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery, Hinkler Hall of Aviation, Alexandra Park, Playground and Zoo and Bargara Beach Caravan Park made the list which featured 31 facilities from the Bundaberg Region.
Part of the ranking process is assessing online reviews on more than 175 global platforms including Trip Advisor, Google, Facebook, Expedia and Booking.com.
Tourism portfolio spokesperson Cr Greg Barnes said it was terrific news and an indication the region’s visitor reputation was continuing to grow.
“In this digital age, positive traveller reviews are the bread and butter of the tourism industry,” Cr Barnes said.
“It is rewarding to see these facilities continually developing the experiences on offer which in turn increases visitor numbers and keeps people coming back to the Bundaberg Region.”
Arts facilities driving tourism economy
Community and Cultural Services portfolio spokesperson Cr Judy Peters said it was pleasing to see two arts venues make the list.
“Collectively the Moncrieff Entertainment Centre and the Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery welcome more than 80,000 people through the doors each year,” Cr Peters said.
“As these numbers continue to grow it’s important for us to consider these venues as part of the tourism economy.
“Both facilities are driven by the interests of our community and showcase the best the Bundaberg Region has to offer.
“It is wonderful to see visitors are now recognising the excellent credentials of our arts facilities.”
31 Bundaberg Region facilities were named on the Best of Queensland list:
- Alexandra Apartments
- Alexandra Park, Playground and Zoo
- Bargara Beach Caravan Park
- Bargara Blue Resort
- Bundaberg Coral Villa Motel
- Bundaberg East Cabin and Tourist Park
- Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery
- Bundaberg Rum Visitor Experience
- Bundaberg to Lady Musgrave Island Day Cruise
- Bundy Bowl and Leisure Centre
- Bundy Food Tours
- Burnett Riverside Motel
- Childers Eco-lodge
- Grand Mercure C Bargara Resort
- Great Barrier Reef Day Tour to Lady Elliot Island
- Great Barrier Reef Day Trip to Lady Elliot Island
- Grunske's By The River Seafood Market and Restaurant
- Hinkler Hall of Aviation
- Koola Beach Apartments Bargara
- Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort
- Manta Bargara Resort
- Matilda Motel
- Mon Repos Turtle Centre, Mon Repos Conservation Park
- Moncrieff Entertainment Centre
- Moore Park Beach Motel
- NRMA Woodgate Beach Holiday Park
- Ohana Cider House and Tropical Winery
- RiverFeast Bundaberg
- Rocky Point Retreat
- The Point Resort Bargara
- ZEN Beach Retreat